Black mold (aspergillosis)of garlic is a disease of onion and garlic is caused by certain types of fungus Aspergillus, which often occurs when growing onions and garlic in hot and dry conditions of the southern regions. Greater degree black mold affects the onion than garlic.
Most of spreading the disease during storage.
The causative agent of garlic black mold (aspergillosis):
- Aspergillus Niger (everywhere)
- Aspergillus ochraceus (North America)
- English: Black Mold of garlic
- Spanish: moho del negro ajo
- French: moisissure noire du bulbe de l ail
In soil fungus Aspergillus stored organic matter that decomposes, such as crop residues.
Through the air carried by spores of the fungus that can evolve, getting on a favorable basis, such as mechanical damage of garlic
From planting material contaminated with black mold, the infection moves into new crop area.
Symptoms and signs of Aspergillosis garlic
The sign of the disease is the presence of black dust fungus spore clusters between the outer scales and teeth.
Spore clusters typically are most common around the neck of the bulb and tend to follow down the sides.
At the head of garlic thin scales of these spores mass is usually visible through the scales.
Patients softened garlic bulbs, scales and often dries up all bulbs becomes like a mummy.
In dry conditions, patients with dry garlic heads, and black spore clusters become visible through the outer scales.
Under favorable humidity affected black mold bulbs may become susceptible to bacterial dissemination Black rot. As a result, the whole head becomes watery.
Black mold can be detected by holding your finger on black mold. If the fabric breaks, it means progress has black mold.
The disease develops rapidly in poorly dried bulbs at high humidity and temperature.
Methods of prevention and control of black mold garlic
- When harvesting to avoid mechanical damage garlic and onion cull damaged or stored separately.
- After harvesting the garlic was dried in the sun for about 3 days, and then in a ventilated room
- Storing garlic at low temperatures. Including planting material preferably stored at a temperature from +1 to +12 ° C and humidity less than 65%
- Before planting garlic cloves should be treated antifungal dressers. For example, the drug «Maxim XL» from Syngenta.
During the growing season
Options fungicides to combat Aspyrhyllezom (black mold) garlic:
- Shyrlan production Syngenta, Switzerland. The active substance of 500 g / l Fluazynam. The consumption rate of 0.4 l / ha.
- Kvadris production Syngenta, Switzerland. The active substance of 250 g / l Azoksystrobin. The consumption rate of 0.6 l / ha.
- Super Bumper production ADAMA, Israel. The active substance propikonazol, 90 g / l + prohloraz 400 g / l The consumption rate of 0.8 l / ha.
Video – development mold black onion for 22 days