We grow and sell
seeds of garlic (garlic for planting)
By phone and WhatsApp: + 3 80 67 446 5295 Anna
By phone and WhatsApp: + 3 80 67 446 5295 Anna
Varietes of garlic for planting
Garlic bulbils (Umbels)
Cloves from first reproduction
Varieties of garlic that you can buy from us
How to calculate the number of seeds of garlic per hectare
Calculation table of seed garlic (clove) per hectare and per 1/100 of a hectare
The calculation is given for this scheme of landing, the 45 cm row spacing and 8 cm distance between plants in the row
|The average weight of clove (gram)||Amount of planting garlic per hectare (kg)||Amount of planting garlic on 1/100 of a hectare (kg)|
To buy garlic for planting call to us: + 3 80 67 446 5295 Anna
What you have to consider before you buy seed garlic for planting
1. Do not neglect to conduct agronomic analyses
Agrochemical soil analysis — soil analysis for the content of plant nutrients, macro – and micro – elements and soil acidity (pH). It is not advisable to invest money in planting garlic without having an idea of building a valid feeding scheme for shoots, built on reliable data. This directly affects your benefits – the quantity and quality of the garlic crop.
Phytopathological analysis of soil and seeding it is determination of pathogens in soil and seeds. This analysis will give the answer to the question of purity of the seeds garlic and on measures to control pathogens in your soil. For garlic seeds, this is more relevant for the tooth and single-rod or for the air, which is bought in the spring.
Helminthological analysis of the soil and the seeds is the determination of nematode infestation of garlic seeds (cloves) and your soil.
2. How to distinguish a clove of the first reproduction
Clove of the first reproduction it is garlic, which grows from single bulbils, which in turn grows out of the air bulbils of garlic. The best option is to visit a field planted with cloves and make sure the place in quality and reliability of crops.
Visually the heads of garlic of the first reproduction may not differ from the heads of garlic of the second reproduction. However, often, garlic bulbs of the first reproduction can contain 4 teeth instead of varietal 6-7.
Why the level of reproduction is important. Since cultivated garlic does not form real seeds, it is propagated vegetatively. Air bulbs, cloves and one clove are all parts of the parent plant. After the third or fourth reproduction, as a rule, garlic degeneration and accumulation of diseases begin to occur. This leads to a drop in yield and quality.
And if the question diseases, you can get the answer from the test results, then there is no reason to buy garlic for planting an incomprehensible reproduction at the price of landing.
3. Why is the Garlic Rounds the best planting material of garlic
Garlic Rounds has several undeniable advantages over the cloves:
- Points of growth on the bottom of it are arranged in a circle (look below where the roots are formed), and the clove has only one outer part, because there are several cloves in the bulbils. The more roots there are, the greater the potential for mass gain. There is an opinion that 1 root is approximately equal to one gram of the grown head of garlic.
- A Garlic Rounds with equal care has less accumulated diseases than cloves, since only one season grew in the earth.
- Visually, the one -clove is different, so there is no doubt that it is a planting material.
- There is no cost of dividing the bulbils into cloves (this is $1-2 per kg and a sufficient number of people)
- There is no waste as in dividing into the cloves (stem, bottom, scales – about 5%)
- The garlic of the first reproduction grows from the one-piece, which is suitable for planting.
However, on an industrial scale, one clove is more difficult to dig out. This leads to some shortage and price increase.
And as the price of seed garlic is the main factor that affects the cost, when you purchase a single bulbils need to calculate how much its price impact on the ROI of the business growing garlic and does it make economic sense.
4. How to store garlic seeds before planting
Optimal – ventilated room with a temperature of about 15-20 C and humidity of no more than 60%.
Can be in grids or drawers on pallets
Separation of bulbils into teeth, calibration of teeth and etching should be carried out immediately before planting (3-5 days). Calibrate the seeds of garlic before planting (teeth and a single-tooth) is necessary in order to plant separately by fractions. This will give more uniform shoots and will simplify the timeliness of carrying out such activities as breaking the arrow and digging out the garlic.
Air bulbs are stored in inflorescences and threshed before sowing.
5. How to check the seeds of garlic in “field” conditions
- Determine the density by a slight depression. If the shell cracks and bursts, then the bulbils wither. Such a landing is not good.
- Place the bulbils in the water and prevent them – those that will also appear dried up
Cloves and rounds
- It is advisable not to buy from a non-verified supplier already divided clove. So you will not be able to assess the presence of possible lesions in the rejected cloves.
- Absence of an uncharacteristic smell – fungal diseases of garlic can give out an extraneous smell
- Absence of mechanically damaged and damaged cloves on the bulbils
- Absence of redness, yellowing in the area of the bottom of garlic
- No signs of mold (black, blue, green)
- The bottom should have the remains of rootlets (that is, it should not be cut as in Chinese garlic in the store)