This article is for those who want before buying garlic for planting, to understand the peculiarities of three types of planting material: seeds of garlic, cloves and bulbils.
Seeds of garlic are some generalized concept that does not correctly reflect the difference of seed. For reproduction of winter garlic are used bulbils, garlic rounds and clove.
Let’s consider in detail features of each variant of planting garlic.
Ukrainian garlic cooperative “UkrUp” offers:
+380 50 694 4199 Tatiana
+380 67 446 5295 Anna
By phone and WhatsApp
Features of cultivation of planting garlic
How to grow garlic seeds – bulbils
- For the cultivation of bulbils it is best to use purple varieties of garlic of medium or early ripening (cleaning takes place in the twentieth of July)
- The sign of the ripening of bulbils is their desiccation and decay of the inflorescences.
- Select inflorescences for bulbils it is necessary from the strongest plants.
- Rinse the inflorescences and sort bulbils according to size
- Store in refrigerators at a temperature of 0 +4 10-14 days
How to grow a garlic rounds from bulbils
- Plant bulbils in the fall with winter garlic or a little earlier
- Cleaning, grown from bulbils monochrome, occurs 2-3 weeks earlier than commercial garlic (early July).
- The collected bulbils dried in the shade
- Storage takes place at room temperature
- Landing of garlic rounds carried out in the fall, just like the cloves. And from this garlic rounds garlic is produced first generation.
- How to grow garlic for planting with cloves
- Bulbils of planting garlic after harvesting should be stored in bundles with untouched roots and a high stem!
- In no case can the roots and stem be cut off, and also the garlic can be peeled before planting!
How to grow garlic for planting teeth
- Bulbils of planting garlic after harvesting should be stored in bundles, with untouched roots and high stalk!
- In no case can the roots and stem be cut off before planting!
Preparing for planting garlic
|1. Separation of bulbils into cloves|
|1. Sort by diameter||1. Sort by diameter||2. Sort by diameter|
|Per hectare is used about 1500 kg of heads, that is 1200-1300 kg cloves (the exact calculation depends on the planting plans and weight cloves).|
To destroy the pathogens before planting, the clove are etched with fungicides: a 3% solution of benzalate, an exposure of 3-4 minutes, a 3% solution of foundation, an exposure of 1-2 minutes. When etched into the working solution add a preparation containing trace elements (Rexolin, Reakom, Aquarin mix and others). For destruction in seed garlic, the nematodes carry out gasification with sulfur dioxide (100 g of sulfur per 1 m3 of volume) in hermetic containers.
Each of the selected groups is planted separately
A large garlic bulbils will immediately give a monotone from which the commodity garlic will grow and small bulbils in the first year will grow small garlic rounds from which in the second year large garlic rounds will grow and already from them grows commodity garlic
Posted by: Andrey Marchenko
To receive up-to-date information about growing and business on garlic – follow to us on Facebook, or enter your e-mail in the form on the right.